Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Snowy Kind of Evening

Last night for scouts, we had a pack meeting, and it was decided many months ago that this pack meeting would be our caroling one – we’d all get to visit the elderly ladies in the ward, and sing some songs, and we all thought it sounded like fun. Then, as everyone noticed, the skies opened up, and snow just DUMPED all over everyone. Of course, we scouts are tough. About half of the kids showed up last night, I’m guessing parents just didn’t want to brave the elements. After handing out all the awards, and two of my favorite Webelos moving onto 11 year old scouts, and they both had their Arrow of Light ceremonies, it was time to go.

It was still snowing when we were out, which made things just cold. I was wearing a long sleeve shirt, my scout shirt, a fleece jacket, my winter coat, gloves, and a hat. But still, I was chilly. My feet were cold, my legs were cold. We went to about 7 houses, singing the same 5 songs, until finally we were finished. We all reconvened back at the church for some hot chocolate and donuts. We had lost about half of the scouts from the meeting to the singing, and that’s fine. It was cold, and if I was a kid, I would have just left. But hopefully we got to bring a little sunshine to some people’s hearts.

No comments: