Monday, December 2, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

On the way home from St George Saturday night, my mom texted me, to ask where we were. She had left about a half hour before us, and was letting us know where we were. A few minutes later, she randomly texted me what her mile marker was, and I let her know mine. Then she kept texting me hers, so I decided to have some fun with it. Instead of telling her what mine was, I moved myself up a few miles. Then hers again, and I would move mine up more. So after a while, I actually “passed” them, and just kept moving. Finally, she told me she was near home, and I told her my real location, somewhere near Nephi. Her reply text of “what?” made me laugh so hard. Thanks for letting me troll you, mama.

After getting home from St George, and having a family meeting of sorts, it was already 9:30 at night. I still had to go grocery shopping, so after getting into the house, and getting everything unloaded from the car, it was 10:15, but luckily with it being Christmas season, the store is open late, so I went grocery shopping at 10:30 at night. It’s fun to do this! The place is empty, it’s quiet, and you don’t have to worry about hitting into anyone. It’s kind of awesome.

After shopping so late, I had to get some food, because I hadn’t eaten anything since St George, at like, 3:30, and I was starving. I stopped at Taco Bell on the way home, and when I was trying to unload my car, I was more interested in my taco than I was to any situational awareness, so I smashed my forehead into the still-opening car trunk, and holy cow did that hurt. Even to today, 2 days later, it still hurts. Lesson learned – look at the trunk before you try to lean into it.

No comments: