Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Soup Night

With everyone in my house being sick right now, except me, and I’m holding onto my good health as tightly as I can right now. For dinner last night, I thought I’d make some chicken noodle soup, to help heal people (since soup has magical powers, of course) and because I just like to make it. My recipe is thus:

4 cups chicken broth
1 carrot, sliced
1 celery stalk, sliced
Dash of salt
1 cup cooked cubed chicken
½ cup uncooked egg noodles

Combine the broth, carrot, celery and dash of salt in a pot, bring to a boil. Stir in chicken and egg noodles, and cook for 10 minutes.

Easy, right? I did some modifications. I think I did like, 6 or 7 cups of broth, 3 each of the carrot and celery, a half a bag of egg noodles (just using it up) and for the chicken, instead of cooking and cubing it, I just bought a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the store, and shredded the chicken off of that. It was really pretty good though, and I’m betting it made my people all feel better. If not, I don’t care, it was still delicious, and I gave it my best shot.

No comments: