Saturday, December 7, 2013

Festival of Trees 2013

I only realized a few weeks ago that it was the week of Festival of Trees, and it was ending today. So of course, I made plans to go there. The weather did try it’s darndest to stop me, but nothing could stop me. I was planning on going up in the early afternoon. RSL was playing Kansas City in the MLS Cup, and I was jazzed and ready. The game started at 2:00, so it would be over around 4:00. That’s not exactly how it went. Started at 2:00, didn’t really start at 2:25, and then it had a thirty minute overtime when we were tied 1-1 at the end. After the overtime we were still tied, and went into a shootout. After 2 shootouts, we lost the game, and it was just sad. So the game instead ended at 5:30. Then, the trip from my house in Orem to my SIL’s house in Provo took about 1 hour because of all the snow that has been dumped on us.

Finally we made it there after about an hour. We made it in, and it was all as glorious as it always is. We walked, ate a snack, walked, and ate a snack, walked around. I saw some really great trees, and I’ll share those.

MickktreeTreebells

There was one tree that I was really impressed with:
Treesoda

You can’t tell, but that tree is made out of soda rings. And the ornaments are made out of soda cans. I just couldn’t believe it when I saw it. That takes some serious preparation. I hope to maybe decorate a tree next year. I’ll start brainstorming now!

No comments: