Monday, December 16, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

People in my house are getting sick. Husband was starting to feel sick on Saturday night, and it went into a full-blown cold/whatever Sunday, and today, my sister is also sick. I am trying to avoid them both, basically. I feel like I finally am just now all the way over my cold. I have been done with it for a bit, but now, the cough is all the way gone, and my voice is back to normal – I can sing and everything finally, so I don’t want to get what they have! I know it’s not nice to avoid people, but in this case, I think its ok.

Yesterday in church, they announced the new time change when church will start in the new year, and we’ll be moving to 9:00 church, which means I’ll be having an infinitely harder time getting to church on time. I know, I know, the time of the church shouldn’t matter, and I would be awake anyway at that time, but I just like to be lazy on a Sunday morning. Church at 9:00 means awaking and actually getting right up, and hurrying to get around. Church at 11:30 (I am right now) means getting up...hanging out in my PJ’s...eating breakfast...having a run...getting ready...and going to church. I just will miss the lazy Sunday mornings come January 1.

On Friday night, after eating dinner (ribs, yum) I had many much rib bones left over, so I thought I’d be nice to the tiny dogs and give them a small treat. When I was walking down with the bones, and Cookie was so JAZZED about what was about to happen, she jumped higher than any dog has ever jumped ever, and bit my hand. Maybe bite is the wrong word, because her mouth never closed, but her tooth grazed my finger, cutting it open, and it bled a whole lot. I dropped the bone, which she of course grabbed right away, so I guess her plan worked. I’m still waiting for this cut to heal by the way, several days later.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

SOOOOOO....Did you make it on time to church today??