Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Place to Sleep

I hate my mattress. I won’t lie, I hate it. When we first got it, a year+ ago, I liked it. It seemed pretty comfortable, and it was giant, so we didn’t have to sleep too close to each other. That sounds weird, but when we first got married, I didn’t care for sharing a bed. I’d slept by myself for my entire life, so having anyone touch me in my sleep kept me awake like crazy.

Then, things started to creep in that made me hate the bed. It’s too big for sheets. Even California King sheets weren’t big enough. I had to use little straps to keep the sheets down under the corners, and that didn’t work very well. And the bed got to be noisy. When Husband got into bed, and I was asleep, the noise and bounciness of the bed would wake me up and make me hate him. So I’ve been looking at mattresses, and finally found a few, and went to Husband with these mattresses, and tried to get him to see things my way. Then we went shopping for said mattresses, and got an amazing deal on a TempurPedic mattress. One that’s usually $1900 was marked onto clearance for $899! HOLY COW! So of course, after taking a few hours to think about it, we bought the mattress. We almost couldn’t afford not to!

So, we got it home, and in the process of taking off the old mattress, knocked Husband’s end table over, and everything spilled everywhere. We moved the old one out, moved the new one in, and put some sheets on there, an older set I haven’t used since I learned, after buying of course, that they were slightly too small for the bed, but on this, they fit perfectly! Then, almost the best part of all, Husband cleaned off his end table. I’ve been staring at it forever, trying to will him to clean it (because he doesn’t when asked!) and this finally made him clean it, and now it looks clean and awesome. This is worth the price of the mattress by itself.

Now. I settled in for the night, and I was PSYCHED to sleep in the bed. I was looking forward to the memory foam goodness. I laid in bed for a good long time, to try to fall asleep. My stomach had started hurting a bit before bed, I think it was from all the caffeine I drank. So I think that with the combo of the caffeine, and the stomach hurting…I had one of the worst nights of sleep I’ve ever had. I was awake for most of the night, I couldn’t sleep, I was exhausted. So of course, I woke up today, thinking I had made the worst mistake of my life, buying this mattress. But, I have high hopes I’m going to try again tonight, of course, and pray that it works out and I have a good nights rest. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I'm glad you are starting to like the mattress now. What a steal of a deal.

I really want a new mattress, but I too am worried about spending some cash and not liking the result.

Chelle! said...

Aw...I love new mattresses. I am glad that I purchased mine. The problem is...I don't like getting up anymore. :)