Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse

As usual, Monday = treat day. Last night was a specific treat day, because I am the hostess for Stamp & Chat this week. I was in the neighborhood of trying to find a healthy treat, and I stumbled on this recipe on – say it with me, everyone! – Pinterest! This has to be one of the easiest recipes I’ve tried. Here’s the recipe:

1 8-oz pkg fat free cream cheese

1 cup canned pumpkin

½ cup Splenda

½ tsp pumpkin pie spice

1 tub (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed. (Do NOT add to recipe unless until completely thawed)

With an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the Splenda and pumpkin pie spice and continue to mix until well combined. Unload the whipped topping from the tub, and using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon (DO NOT USE ELECTRIC MIXER), gently fold the whipped topping into the mixture, stopping as soon as the ingredients are blended.

Mousse-whip

Over stirring will cause the whipped topping to lose too much air.

Mousse-together

Spoon the mousse into individual dessert bowls (I fancily used 9-oz plastic cups), cover, and refrigerate for ½ hours, or until mixture is set. If desired, sprinkle each mousse with a light dusking of pumpkin pie spice before serving.

Mousse-cups

And ta-daaaa! Pretty easy, and they are pretty dang good. You can’t even tell that you’re using a sugar substitute or fat-free cream cheese. Of course, I haven’t tried the ‘set’ version yet, just as soon as it was mixed, but I don’t think the taste would vary that much. With a treat this easy and this healthy, it might be a pretty good treat to serve all over the place this fall.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

You are a blogging fool. How am I ever going to keep up? It's a good thing my kids like Dora and I can spend all morning reading posts. :)

Chelle! said...

These were simply delicious!!! Oh my goodness...I wish that I had one right this minute.