Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Scout is Helpful...

Tonight, as is usual every Wednesday, I had scouts. These kids...man. Only two show up every week, the same two loyal boys. Today, we were working on their Scholar badge, and we finished all the requirements, and still had about 30 minutes to go. We decided, instead of just playing around, doing nothing, that we'd get the boys started on another badge, and we chose Handyman. What did we choose to do, you ask? Oh, simple! Make the boys wash cars! (Hey, its in there!)
So, we drove our respective cars up into the driveway, gave the boys a hose, and let them go. They sprayed both cars, then we all got involved with the washing, then the boys sprayed all the water off. Then, we all pitched in yet again, grabbed a towel, and dried the cars. They were looking pretty dang good by the time we were finishing. And of course, after the cars were done, they ran off to play dodgeball or something (how they did that with just the two of them, I'll never know), and left myself and the other leader to finish up with the cars, namely, washing the windows.
But we finished, and now the cars look great. I hadn't washed Echo since about March (I think it was at the same time as my first mouth surgery, which I couldn't believe!) and now, it's sparkling, and shiny and looking near-new. So, yes, maybe it was a little odd to have the boys do that, but it's in the manual, and they're close to getting their badges. And tonight, our scouts were super helpful.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I hope that you are starting to enjoy your calling. I know that it can be tough but hang in there...the blessings and rewards will come...eventually.