Monday, September 17, 2012

Pizza Balls

Oh, Pinterest. So fickle. Sometimes, you give me such good recipes. Delicious recipes. Awesome crafts. Funny sayings. But sometimes, I have what I call the “Nailed it!” moment, and that’s when you try something from Pinterest, and it doesn’t work, at all. And then, all I want to say about it is “Nailed it!” because you super didn’t.

Tonight, I wanted to make pizza balls. Delicious, awesome pizza balls. They’re supposed to be easy. Ingredients:
3 cans Pillsbury Buttermilk biscuits (10/can), 56 pepperoni slices, block of Colby cheese, 1 beaten egg, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, 1 jar pizza sauce.

To make-
Preheat the oven to 425. Cut the block of cheese into 28 squares. Flatten a biscuit, and stack the pepperoni and cheese inside (Like a small sandwich. Slice of pepperoni, cheese, slice of pepperoni). Gather of the edges of the biscuit, and place it seam side down in a greased 9x13 pan. Brush with beaten egg, sprinkle with Parmesan, seasoning, and powder. Bake for 18-20 minutes.

Now, this is how the recipe on Pinterest said to do it. DON’T DO IT THIS WAY. If you cook it for that long, at least it my oven, it burns the heck out of them, and they’re hard as rocks. I’ll use some pics now, to help you along. Here’s what they looked like, before putting them into the oven:
PizzaRolls1I know it says to put them into a 9x13 pan, but Husband put them onto the cookie sheet before I realized what was happening. Maybe that also helped in the burning, but who knows? Then, I pulled them out of the oven, and realized that, yes, they were burned. I’ll put mine side by side to the pic off the internet, so you can see how awful mine are.

PizzaRolls2PizzaRolls3

See! Gosh they were bad. And they were barely even eatable. I only at a couple before I gave up and just threw them all away. And I guess you use the sauce to dip them in? After the initial introduction to the sauce, we’re not told what else to do with it, and that’s fine. And the one thing we want to say about these pizza rolls?

Nailed it.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

Oh...dang it. They looked so tempting and delicious. I was hoping that they would turn out. Well...I am making boiled eggs in the oven (idea off of pinterest)...we will see how that goes.

Maleen said...

I made these, and I think it helps to cook them close together, as in touching. I'm not sure I loved them, but all my children ate some. Probably better if you dip them in the sauce since they are a little dry.

Sorry they didn't work for you.