Monday, September 10, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

On Saturday, my sister in law gave me a call; she needed help with a school project, and thought I could help her. The gig was making postcards, which, I know how to make card-related items. So, Sunday afternoon rolled around, and we started to work. It took a little longer than I thought it would, it took over 3 hours to get these done. But we finished them, and they looked pretty good, I thought. I took a pic, naturally.

Postcards

When we were finished, and she put away her things, I surveyed the damage left over.

mess

After she went home, I cleaned up. It took a while to clean up, of course, but finally, everything was super clean and done. Sadly, all of the things I had on my to-do list didn’t get done, but that’s ok, I was doing a service, and that means blessings, probably.

I didn’t see a movie the entire month of August in the theaters. Things were busy every weekend, from our Colorado trip, people were out of town, and soccer games were on unusual nights, so it was just hard to get to a theater (I know, I’m whining about something that not a lot of people get to do, and believe me, I get it). This past week, I made up for it in a big way. I saw a movie on Labor Day, and then I saw one Friday, and one on Saturday. I made up for it all! I think there were only 2 movies that I didn’t get to before they left the theater, one being Spider-Man. I think I’ll have to RedBox that, which I’m ok with, it was never a movie that I was jumping up and down to see. But now, I’m caught up, and feeling pretty good about it.

I finally got a picture of me with our friend Canada. (I’ve decided to call him Canada, being his origin place, and his thick accent) Sadly, it happened at night, so the quality isn’t amazing, but now, you can see how much taller than I he is. See?

Cole-Vieve2

Such a difference! But now I finally have it, a size difference that I can show. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Cool postcards. And Canada is one big guy...or you are really short.

Chelle! said...

Those postcards turned out darling!! Great work Vieve!