Monday, October 1, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

Good news, everyone! My mattress isn’t awful. Last night, I went to sleep ridiculously early. Getting no sleep the night before will do that to a person, I guess. But I slept amazingly. I didn’t wake up once, I was comfortable, it was awesome. I no longer regret the purchase, and I look forward to tonight. I don’t want to totally sing the praises of the mattress until I get at least 2 good nights in a row, so I’ll see what tonight brings. I’m not dreading it, at least!

I found a recipe on Pinterest for pancakes made in cupcake tins. Apparently, its supposed to create a tiny crater when baking, and you can fill it with deliciousness. And instead of using a regular pancake mix, she includes a recipe that you’re supposed to use. I used it, and baked them, and then took them out of the oven. They tasted like eggs. It was very much like an omelet…or french toast. I took a pic, naturally:

IMG_2893

See, it doesn’t even look as good as they did in the Pinterest article. I didn’t really like them. But this Sunday, with the oodles of time in the morning (with conference!) I’m trying them again, and this time, I’m using regular pancake mix.

Tonight for dinner, Husband was going to make it. I couldn’t think of what to make, but he offered to make some chicken fried chicken, yum! He got started, and I just sort of hung out, watching him, and deciding if I wanted to make a treat. All of a sudden, and out of nowhere, he burned the heck out of the chicken. Like, burned so much that there wasn’t really a way of saving it, either. So, we cleaned everything up, and tried to think of what else to make. Husband was in a pretty foul mood, so we went out and just grabbed something easier, a sandwich from Ernie’s Deli. It was good…but not as good as my promise of chicken fried chicken. *frown*

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

These little pancake thingies look interesting. Hmm...would they be more like a German Pancake? Interesting.