Thursday, October 18, 2012

To-Do...Make Brownies


Returning from our quick jaunt to Monterey, things were crazy. We didn’t get home until 12:30 that night, and then had work, and so by the time I got home, I was tired, the house had zero food in it, and there was about a ton of laundry to do. So, I gave myself a to-do list, which is my favorite thing ever. I, admittedly, put too much on it, because there was just that much to do. There was grocery shopping to be done, laundry to do, kitchens to be cleaned, brownies to be made, CD’s to burn, you get the idea.

 So, I had lot to do. I went straight to the store, shopped, and then came home. I put in a load of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, while burning said CD. (Pitch Perfect, in case anyone was wondering. Great movie.) Then, I made brownies. It was treat night, and I saw this idea on Pinterest. It’s the easiest. I made a double batch of brownies, just a simple recipe. Then, I put half of it into a 9X13 pan. Here’s where things get fun. After putting said brownie mix in the pan, I put a bunch of York peppermint patties into the pan.

 

Then I poured the rest of the brownie mix into the pan, covering the mints. Then, I baked them. And baked them. And baked them – I baked for way longer than it says to, but it was still a little doughy in the middle. I finally pulled them out because the sides were in danger of burning. They looked pretty good when I pulled them out.


 I let them cool for a while, then cut into them. The middle was pretty doughy. I had to just throw out a bunch of it, because it hadn’t cooked, and I didn’t know what else to do with it. And then I ate one, and holy cow, were they pretty delicious. Very chocolatey, and that mint gave it just the right amount of delicious kick. I think the next time I make them, I’ll just make a single recipe, and put them into an 8x8 pan, like the recipe originally suggested. But still, dang good.

As the brownies were baking, I did more on my list. I put in more laundry, blogged (of course!) and made myself a dinner of a wrap with cucumber, pickle, turkey, and Laughing Cow cheese. It didn’t turn out as delicious as I was hoping it would. Good to know for the future, I suppose. I didn’t get everything on my to-do list done, but that’s what tonight’s for. Everyone have your fingers crossed that I finish it tonight!

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

These were simply delicious. I wonder if you would have used only one brownie mix instead of the two.