Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Sculptor

Right now for scouts, the boys are working on their Artist badge. Last week, we did collages, and this week, we worked on sculpting. We got some clay out, and waited…and only 1 boy showed up, like usual. I bet it would be amazing if we could have more than one boy come every week, but so far, that’s just not happening. So, I worked on building things out of clay, since we didn’t really have anyone else doing it. I built many a thing:

IMG_3069IMG_3070IMG_3071IMG_3072

Lovely, right? The guy in the corner, Stick-Man, his name is Malachai, and Snowman’s name is Zebekiah, in case you couldn’t tell, that’s a bowling ball and pins, and we end with Carl the Caterpillar. I had some help naming the little guys. After I made these four, and our scout made a couple, we called it a night. I think I may have found another career option, making child-like sculptures out of Crayola clay!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Darn, I was guessing skull with severed witch fingers in the background. You know...on a Halloween theme.

Very nice though. Don't give up, you could be a world class sculptor yet.

Chelle! said...

Aw...we don't get to do that in young women program. See...there are great things you can do with the scouts. :)