Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Continuing Monterey Adventure

Well friends, the Monterey adventures continue. After a pretty casual Saturday (that consisted of mostly driving to-and-from the airport, picking up Husband’s lost luggage) we decided to see the sights of Monterey. We ate lunch, sandwiches, by the ocean. As we ate, a seagull came up to us, and slowly made his way up to us, acting casual. We invented a whole backstory for him, that he actually wasn’t that interested in our food, but he was there to make sure we weren’t littering, his name was Officer Giggles. The reason for the Giggles is because someone mispronounced seagull. He was a good bird, I ended up giving him a bunch of my sandwich.

IMG_2988 You can sort of see him there.

We went to the Monterey Aquarium, which was awesome. It was HUGE and there were so many great things to see. I started off strong, taking lots of pictures of things, but after a bit, I got more into the animals and stuff, and didn’t bother taking pics anymore. Oh well. Here are pics of some of the stuff I got.

IMG_2994IMG_2995IMG_2998IMG_2999IMG_3002IMG_3003IMG_3006IMG_3008IMG_3010IMG_3016IMG_3019

Here’s Husband and I trying to squeeze into the penguin shell, made for kids:

IMG_3004

And here’s us trying to get out again, and he’s smooshing my foot

IMG_3005

When we were done with everything, but still trying to milk out the $35/person fee, we decided to take in a tiny presentation about Great White Sharks. After we had sat there for about 10 minutes, and still had a couple to go, the fire alarm went off. We all got up, walked over to the exit, and then it stopped. We stood there, not sure of what to do, then the gal working said it was fine, after talking on her walkie, and said we were good to just sit down and do the presentation. It was interesting.

Then, we walked around Monterey for a bit, on the pier, around all the touristy stops. The railing here said not to stand on it, so of course I did, I’m a rebel.

IMG_3021

All in all, a pretty fun trip in Monterey was to be had. I’m glad I got to see my sister, and glad to see a new city that I’ve never been to.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Fun pictures. Did you run while you were there? Your half is this weekend right? Are you doing the Haunted?

Chelle! said...

I love the pictures. I had so much fun there and I am glad that you did too!! I am sure that Rori was so glad that you were there for her.