Monday, October 1, 2012

Funfetti Time

This is a lesson in what not to do. Tonight, as I was sitting here, trying to think of what to bake, I decided that Funfetti would be a good thing to use. But cake isn’t very fun to eat later – you have to use a fork, and a plate, and all that jazz. Cupcakes are good, but so much commitment! That’s a whole cupcake! So I wanted to try what I did last week with the lemon bars, but with a Funfetti mix instead of lemon. But, alas, I didn’t have any Cool Whip. So, I improvised. I found the following ingredients in my fridge, and decided to try them out:

Ingredients

Fun, eh? So I mixed them all up, and put them in the oven for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. I must not have been paying attention to the oven beeping, because I looked downstairs, and all of a sudden, the timer read 0:00, so it must have gone off! Husband was nearer to the oven, so I asked him to pull them out for me. I asked if they looked done, and he said yes. I let them cool for a bit, then went down to see them myself.

They…are not done. I don’t know what is going on with these, but it didn’t really work. It’s sort of a cake…with sort of a cakey texture, but its very sticky, and seems very gooey, like it didn’t finish. I haven’t decided yet if I should just throw it away, I was going to let it cool all the way before I made any rash decisions. Here’s what it looked like, after I tried a square:

Bars

It’s just sort of…weird. I thought it would be fun and adventurous to try something new, but alas, I just don’t think it worked very well. That’s ok..at least now I know what NOT to use.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Oh my goodness! I just love your treats and your recipes. Thanks so much for sharing. You are definitely Betty Crocker!