Sunday, October 7, 2012

Christmas Card

Today, as everyone who reads this knows, was conference. When I watch conference, I have to be doing something at the same time. Not anything like, super engaging that takes my attention completely away from the talks, but something that will help me to stay awake, and keep my listening. So, for the last couple of conferences, I’ve had the opportunity to work on my card club cards during conference, which I love. This time was no different, so I got to work on my Christmas card.

When I first got started, during the first session, I realized as I got going, that I didn’t have the proper materials. I had forgotten, in my planning, that I needed an extra square of paper for each card. So, I took a mini meltdown over this, and stopped working for like, 10 minutes, and then got to work again, working on the idea of it while I was listening. Then, I made the first card, and liked it, and then cut out all the paper for the remaining nine. As soon as I had cut everything out, the first session ended. During the break, I did some random cleanings, getting ready, etc, and then the second session started. It only took me the first hour to finish all the cards, huzzah! That’s never happened that quickly, I was so happy. Here’s what my card looks like:

ChristmasCard

I realized after I made it, it’s actually not very Christmassy. It’s more of a winter card than it is a Christmas card, but that’s ok. I’m ok with it, and hopefully, everyone else will be too. I’m just glad I got done with them!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Very cute. And I totally have to be doing something so I don't fall asleep. :)

Chelle! said...

Your card turned out so cute. I haven't made mine, yet. :\