Sunday, August 12, 2012

Yellow Fever

I have a brother in law that’s getting married this week. I really should have been blogging about the misadventures regarding the wedding. There’s been dress drama, color drama, every sort of drama that just makes me laugh. Last Tuesday I finally got the dress I’ll be wearing to it, and then yesterday, PJ helped me attach a wide yellow ribbon to it, so that I had the yellow that everyone was wearing. Our dress choices that we were allowed to choose were yellow, white. or black. I’m wearing a black dress, but if we chose a black or white dress, we had to also wear something that would add a pop of yellow, hence my sewing on of a yellow ribbon. I was going to put a pic on here, but I realized that I’ll take one on Wednesday, when my hair is done and I look ok, instead of just a pic of the dress on the hanger. So hold on tight, kids, you’ll see it.

So, with the pop of the yellow on my dress, I decided to add some yellow in other places. I’ll be wearing a yellow flower in my hair, (not a real one) and I chose to paint my toes yellow. So, even though I painted my toes a week ago, I did them again!

Yellowtoes

Ta-daaaa! The color isn’t all that visible in the picture, but you can see them pretty well in real life. (to be fair, this pic was taken at like, 11 last night, with only the overhead light for light) And since I was on such a roll with the paintings, I painted my fingernails today!

YellowHands1

Ta-daaaa! These are super visible, so now you have an idea of what my toes look like in real life. And now, I feel ready to represent the color yellow at the wedding. Now, is it overkill? Maybe. But will anyone be looking at me, instead of the bride? Absolutely not, so I feel pretty good about my choices.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

That is funny, since I have been sporting orange toes and nails for Fete Day. It is nice to have a pop of color sometimes.

Chelle! said...

That yellow....is bright!! You will match the sun! HA HA