Friday, August 24, 2012

A Horsie Adventure

A continuing adventure in birthday fun, Husband got me a horseback ride for my birthday present. After much debate as to where we’d go, we found a horseback riding place here in Utah County, just up in Soldier’s Hollow/Midway. So, off we went Friday morning. They introduced us to the horses, explained the rules, had us sign a waiver, that sort of thing. And then, I was introduced to my horse, Turtle: (Named for his coloring, not his speed, I was assured)

IMG_2651

Looking pretty good, eh? He was a pretty good horse. Basically, the only rules we were given were: Give yourselves some room between horses, and don’t let them eat any of the grass or anything while riding. Of course, Turtle didn’t want to listen to either of these rules. It seemed he wasn’t happy walking unless his nose was practically touching the bum of the horse in front of me, and he wouldn’t stop eating, no matter how many times I said no while pulling up on the reins. What a card. Here are a few shots of horsie adventures:

IMG_2652IMG_2653IMG_2648

Clearly, I look comfortable on the horse in that second picture. But then we got done, and I gave Turtle a pet, and we posed for another picture together:

IMG_2649

As soon as we got off the horses, boy was my bum sore, and even now, hours later, I am still feeling it, as I’m sure I will be for the next few days! But it was a fun experience, and one I’m glad we did!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Fun!! I have been looking for a fun place to take my kids, but I remember they won't take littles, so I need to wait until everyone is older, or not tell the younger ones what we are doing.

Glad you had fun, even with the sore bum.

Chelle! said...

Aw...I love horseback riding. You need to try the all day hike at Zions...that is so much fun.