Monday, August 6, 2012

Colorado: Day 3, the End

Well, the vacation is over. Yesterday morning, we were getting ready to run. and we sat there, watching men’s tennis, the battle for the gold. I meant to just watch for a few minutes while we got ready to run, then all of a sudden, the game is over, Andy Murray won the gold medal against Roger Federer, and 2 hours had passed. It was fun, though! So we didn’t get to run, because we needed to get ready, to check out.

After a breakfast at Hot Cakes (sorry, no food pictures this time) we went and took a tour of Margaret Brown – or as she’s more commonly known – The Unsinkable Molly Brown. It was awesome, and interesting, I learned a lot about her and the Titanic. I recommend this tour to everyone. After the tour, we grabbed a quick cupcake from a place called The Shoppe (it wasn’t a very good cupcake), we hit the airport and came home. Returning to the Provo airport was awesome. It takes no time at all to get off, get through the airport, get your luggage, and get home. I was home 30 minutes after we landed. I loved it.

On Saturday night, on the way to the RSL game, I realized that I didn’t have my house keys with me. This normally wouldn’t be a big deal, but Husband had left to Boise this weekend, since I was gone as well. I realized, the possibility of the house being totally locked up was a possibility, so I gave him a call to get the status of the locked stuff in the house. Luckily for me, he had left a door unlocked. (Let’s not talk about how crazy it is to have a door unlocked while there’s no one home…that just makes people nervous.Things seem ok and in their place here) As I walked in, and got a drink, I realize, there is not a lick of food in the house. No bread, no yogurt, no milk, no…anything. So, I did a bad thing, I shopped on a Sunday. I know, I know, we shouldn’t, but I couldn’t figure out how else I was going to eat, and have stuff for breakfast/lunch today. But I’m forgiving myself, since it was a necessary evil.

And there it is. My weekend, in a 3-day recap. I had a great time, but of course, at the end, I was ready to come home, relax, and sleep in my own bed. With the exception of a loss of a soccer game, it was a pretty awesome weekend.

No comments: