Monday, August 27, 2012

Crafty Clark

Since my previous craft in my house was my BEE woodcrafts, I decided it was probably time for me to get another one, since it’s already been there for 2, almost 3 months. Wow, I hadn’t actually realized it was there for that long! So now I’m even prouder that I finally changed it up. So, I went to Crafty Wood Cutouts, and searched high and low for what I could do. It was mostly Fall items, or school stuff, and since I feel it’s too early for Fall, and I don’t care about school-related items, I had to do my own thing. So I chose to do my last name, and add a few accessories to really bring it home. So, I chose the paper, the paint, all that jazz, and then, 2 weeks later, I finally painted and decorated it.

The name went pretty well, I got the letters painted, and the papers attached to the letters that needed it, and this is what they looked like:

Clark

And then, the sunflowers. I wanted something cute to add that wouldn’t be too indicative of the weather/season. So, I chose sunflowers. They were adorable, so I took a picture of them at the store, to copy them well. Sadly, when I painted them, they looked AWFUL, and I tried to cover up the flower with the ribbon here, but oh man, these don’t look nearly as good as they did at the store. Here’s what mine turned out like:

Sunflowers

Now, I’m not flipping out about the sunflowers too much, because they’ll be so high up that surely no one will be able to see them or criticize them. But I set it all up, and then took this picture, and I think it looks pretty good:

UpHugh

So, there it is my new craft of the month. I’ll keep this up until October or so, and then I’ll put something Halloweenish up there. Hopefully. Truthfully, I’d like to change it in September, but come on, that won’t happen. I seem to get to the wood store only when they’re doing stuff for the next season – I never get there in the right amount of time!

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

These turned out darling!! We need to get our Craft Friends Club going again.

Maleen said...

Ahem...why haven't I been invited over to see your cute house yet.

Still waiting.

Just sitting here hoping for an invite some day.