Thursday, June 7, 2012

Crafty BEE

I wrote back in April about my Easter blocks that our Craft Club made. It was our April craft, and we were going to do another in May. Sadly, conflicting schedules and total crazy busyness prevented us from meeting up in May to do our next one, so my Easter stayed up all through May…and was staying up there for June, it seemed. Finally, I thought, ok I have to take these down, so I made a trip to Crafty Wood Blocks (in Orem, in case anyone cared) and tried to find something that could take the place of that, until our club got together for our next craft. It took me a bit, but I chose something that I thought was cute, and looked easy enough to do on my own.

I finally unwrapped it out of the package on Wednesday, and then tonight, I finally started working on it. I cut out my paper for my letters, painted, modge-podged it on, and tied on my ribbons, and here’s my end result:

I gotta admit, it’s not as good as the one in the store, and I don’t know if I like it as much. I wanted to, and I worked really hard on it, but it’s still not the same. I put it up on my ledge-thing, and here’s what that looks like:

I should have found something longer to take up more space, but oh well, this is what I have, and it’ll do nicely until the next time we get together, and I get more direction the whole time, so that it’ll end up being better. There are supposed to be some wooden bees that are supposed to be hooked onto the letters, but there wasn’t wire included in the package, so I didn’t do anything with them. Maybe someday I’ll add them on, but for right now, this is good enough.

No comments: