Friday, June 15, 2012

Foto Friday

It’s been a long time since I’ve been to the library. Specifically the one in Orem – I don’t think I’ve gone there since the fam moved to Spanish Fork like…8 or so years ago. (I can’t even remember, how awesome) I just never borrow books anymore, if I want to read something, I either buy it, or if a friend has it, I just get it from one of them. Yesterday, I had such an inkling to watch the movie Watcher in the Woods. Have you guys seen it? It is really scary to me. I saw it for the first time in 4th grade, at a friends house, in her unfinished basement, at a sleepover. I think I’ve seen it once since then, about 10 years ago, and it still scared me. I thought of the movie and decided that I should watch it.


The problem is, there are hardly any places to go to rent movies anymore. Sure, there’s RedBox, but they only have new releases, and Netflix, which I don’t subscribe too, I just don’t use it enough (thank you, DVR) and so I had to do something that I haven’t done in forever – use the library. I went online and made sure that they had to movie, and then Husband and I skipped on over there. Not literally, we’re not weirdos. But when I got there, it took a while to find the movie, The way they have their DVD’s set up – they’re not stored alphabetically, they’re stored in their decimal system of things, so you have to go to the computer, find the number, and then go from there. Finally, I located it, and went upstairs to sign up for a new card and rent my movie.
Signing up for the card was easy, but holy cow, they have a crazy newfangled system where you check everything out for yourself now! So, because I was signing up for my card at the same time, the librarian was helping me, but I felt so dumb, like I couldn’t figure it out for myself! Finally, I got it all checked out, paid my dollar, and went on my way.
Here's my card:

I went home and watched it. It wasn’t as scary as I remember, but it still made me jump, there are some super creepy things that still happen in that movie. Now I’m just trying to make sure I get the movie back before the due date – I don’t want to make my new card have a fine on it already.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Watcher in the Woods always freaked me out, along with Something Wicked This Way Comes.

NERAK.