Monday, June 25, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday


Alas, this is a sad day. Remember the bird that I blogged about on Friday that I added the top hat to? Well, today as Chelle and I were walking past his office, I look over, and lo and behold, he had already taken it down. What the heck, man? How does he not have a better sense of humor about this? If I had a stuffed pheasant on my desk (shoot me should that day ever happened) and someone started adding little hats to it, I would die with laughter. I wish he would leave them on there for longer, so that more people could enjoy them. I’ll just look at my pics of them every once in a while, and giggle to myself.

Last night, I was sitting on the couch, reading, and I felt a little movement on my arm. I figured it was my hair, so I shook my head a little, moving things around. After a second, I felt it again, and I thought, jeez hair, you’re so dumb, so I moved again. After some more movement, I finally look at my arm, and there’s a FREAKING EARWIG on it. Now, I don’t know where this came from. I don’t know how long it had been there. But, in a very un-Vieve-like movement, I calmly put my book down, grabbed a tissue, took it off, smushed it, threw it in the garbage, and resumed reading. No screaming, no crying, just a quick killing. I felt pretty mature after that.

Tonight, Husband and I went hiking, a thing we've been meaning to do ever since the weather turned warm. I don't ever want to go on a weekend, things are already busy enough, plus its so hot during the day. Going at night seemed better, much much cooler. We hiked Stewart Falls, and I wore a pair of hiking sandals (Tevas) that I thought I had worn hiking before. Turns out, my memory was playing tricks on me, this was actually my first hike with them. My pinkie toes were hurting by the time we were making our way back down the mountain, and now that I'm home, and I've taken off my shoes, I see now, I have giant blisters on both of my toes. It's so weird to have these - I've never had blisters on my pinkie toes. Here's a pic of one of the blisters:
Don't judge me for my toes, I have monstery feet. Anyway, I'm looking forward to my run tomorrow morning...not... I'm not sure how well it'll go down, but I'll try. And as always, I've learned what shoes to not wear hiking. Happy feet, everyone!

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Ouch!! That looks so painful. I hate getting blisters. Why can't all shoes just love our feet from day one? Can't we all just get along?