Thursday, June 21, 2012

Stories of Running

Earlier this week, I blogged about running in the Summerfest 5k, and the results were pretty good in my favor. They finally posted the standings on the website, and indeed, I did place third in my age group, yay! Yesterday, I had yet another dentist appointment. Turns out, the experimental procedure that I had done on my tooth failed completely. So we had to hurry up and pull the tooth. So I had that done yesterday, during the afternoon. Afterwards, I went home to rest up, and Husband went to the Orem Safety Building and picked up my medal! Here it is, in all its glory:




And then, of course, last night, I went to the RSL game, after my tooth pulling, and after taking a Loratab, I felt AMAZING. Sadly, we lost, but alas, can’t win them all.

Today is the summer party for my work. It kicks off with a fun run (I like that phrase, even though everyone else says it’s an oxymoron.) which I usually do pretty well on. Usually, I’m pretty quick, and I’m the first female to cross the finish line. Sadly, this year, that wasn’t the case for me. I was the first in my age group (by seconds, only!) and was about the 3rd female to finish – a couple of teenage girls beat me out. I’m ok with that, though, because they’re younger and in better shape, they should be faster than me. But I’m psyched I got at least 1st in my age, and I’m looking forward to my prize money. I wish I got a medal for it too, but cash is a dang good prize!

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Congrats on doing well. I meant to say Hi all night and never got over to see you.
I told Tyler I would have to run in two years...when we're not in the same age category. :)