Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Best Chocolate Cookies Ever

I wish these had a better name, I really do. Unfortunately, the name of these delicious cookies is plain old ‘4 Ingredient Chocolate Cookies’. How boring. I found this recipe, as I do with all my recipes of late, on Pinterest. I’ve been wanting to make them for weeks, but not having any teeth to chew things really cut down on my baking. But – and this is exciting for all of us - I am really close to being back to full strength. I can eat some things now. Not anything super chewy or hard, but I’m doing good with sandwiches, breads, oatmeals, I ate some chips…the possibilities are endless, and they’re getting better every day, and it’s about bloody time, as I had this stupid procedure done a month ago now. Anyway, to celebrate being able to eat (mostly) I made these cookies last night, and holy cow are they the most delicious and super easy to make.


Ingredients:
1 pkg chocolate cake mix
1 8-oz frozen Cool Whip, thawed
1 egg
½-3/4 cup powdered sugar (I won’t lie, I didn’t even measure the powdered sugar, I just dumped some in a bowl)
Directions:
Mix the first three ingredients together until very well incorporated. The dough will be stiff.

Drop by teaspoon into the powdered sugar, rolling to coat the ball completely. Place the ball on a baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Press down the ball with the bottom of a cup that has been dipped in the powdered sugar. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the cookie has cracked open and appears just slightly wet within the cracks. Cool completely, store in covered container. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Ok, that’s the recipe as it came from Pinterest; here are a few observations of mine. These things were really hard to roll into a ball. At first, I just scooped the dough straight into the sugar, so it was like, a glob of sugar and dough, but it looked awful. So I decided to roll them up in my hands before, and that created a holy mess of craziness that left most of the dough in my hands. I did what I could, but I only made about 22 cookies, so nowhere near what the recipe said. It still worked out, though, and I ended up with delicious cookies, so I think I still win.

No comments: