Monday, June 4, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

Yesterday, I made Cake-Batter Pancakes. I got the recipe from somewhere, and wanted to make them forever, and I finally got around to it. So it calls for 2/3 cup of yellow cake mix, so I just opened a box of mix and used it, but then I had the rest of the box to deal with. I know everyone knows about using a box of cake mix + 1 can of diet (or regular) soda to make a cake/cupcakes. So since I had a little over half a box of mix, I went with a smaller amount of soda. Luckily, I have tiny cans of soda that I drink. I think they’re adorable, and the perfect amount of soda to drink. So I combined the leftover mix with the small can and voila! It was the perfect amount of both! I made yellow cake + 7Up cupcakes with regular old chocolate frosting. Behold!


I really liked them. I think they went pretty good, and with the smaller batch, it only made 12 cupcakes, which is the perfect amount to share and still have a few left for me to eat!

I played Grand Theft Auto (a lot) before, and I blogged about it about a million years ago. I haven’t played it in a really long time, but when I play it, usually, I get super into it, and play it a lot. So on Saturday, for some reason, I got the urge to play it. I don’t know why, or where it came from, but all of a sudden there it was. My parents have a PS2 that I was confident was still in working condition, but of course I had no idea. So I head on over there to find it, and, yay! They had the PS2. I was looking for the game, but I couldn’t find it anywhere. I found all the other games, but not the GTA that I was looking for. So I decided to see if the PS2 was still in working condition, so I plugged it in, and opened the CD drive to put in a disc, to check it out. When it popped open, lo and behold, there was the GTA disc! I couldn’t have been more excited. So somewhere, someone has the case for the game, but not the actual game, haha! So I turn it on, plug it in, and while I couldn’t see the game (I couldn’t figure out how the change the input on my parent’s TV!) I could hear it, so I knew it was ok! I hurried home with the game (yup, a super nerd) and plugged everything in, turned it on, and *angel chorus* it worked! So, instead of having a life on Saturday night like regular people, Husband and I stayed in, and I played some GTA for a couple of hours (he played his game too, so its not like he was bored) but I just couldn’t believe it. All of a sudden it was late, and I hadn’t even realized how long I’d been playing. I do enjoy the game, and now I can’t help but think how much fun it would be to just go home after work and play a little. Oh man, I’ve totally slipped over to the dark side! Heaven help me with this game so that I don’t play it all the time.

Yesterday, I was working on crafts (read: I was cutting out a new scrapbook piece of paper for my iPhone cover) and as I was trying to clean up, and cut off some scrap papers before I put the rest of the stuff away, I accidentally misjudged how close my finger was to the paper, and I cut the ever-loving heck out of my finger. Of course, it bled, and I bandaged it up, and after an hour or so, it stopped bleeding, and life kept going. Today it’s not too bad, it just stings a little, so I consider this a victory and I’ll be more careful next time.

No comments: