Sunday, August 5, 2012

Colorado: Day 2

Ok, sports fans, here we go. Started this lovely Saturday with a run on a Colorado running trail that I didn’t really care for. But it was fun in that there were a hundred million prairie dogs on the trail, all hiding in holes. That helped distract from the distance and sun. After finishing, we got ready, watched some Men’s volleyball (sorry, team USA) and went to breakfast at a place called Sam’s No 3. It was pretty good. When I ordered a banana, they served it to me sliced up!

IMG_2448

It tasted better this way, I swear. After eating, we headed over to the Denver Botanical Gardens. It was really pretty, and oh-so-hot. The weather forecast we saw gave us lower temperatures than we had. I thought it would be lovely weather, but it was hot. Here are some of the flowers:

IMG_2450IMG_2455IMG_2458

They were pretty. As we walked by a tree, there was a squirrel eating nuts. I tried to take a picture, but I couldn’t get it focused close enough. This is me, sitting under a tree. Lookin’ good.

IMG_2463

After the Gardens, we went to dinner at a bar (we didn’t know it was a bar, it was recommended to us from a friend) and onto the RSL game. Sadly, sadly, sadly, we lost. It wasn’t a fun game either, the RSL drummers showed up, so they drowned out any singing we did, and it was just loud and I didn’t care for it. After the game, we grabbed our customary ice cream. I got a large, I thought I was hungry.

IMG_2465

I only ate until the cone, then had to throw it away, I was SO full. That made me sad. But after everything, and the long drive back to the hotel, yet another crashing commenced. Being on vacation makes me tired!

No comments: