Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cookies and Buttons and Hot Dogs, oh my!

I had a very productive food – related weekend. I’m having a fiesta type thing on Wednesday evening. I’ll be having several peoples over to my house for a jewelry party. If anyone that’s reading this wants to come, please do so, I don’t discriminate! This week is going to be a busy one for me, and don’t worry folks, I’ll be blogging the whole thing for your excitement. So because I don’t have that much time this week to be making the treats for the night, I decided to get a jump on things and make them today. Also, I’m telling you about the food we made for Sunday dinner – a great accomplishment! Here we go.

On my beloved Pinterest, I found a recipe recently to make the JDawgs secret sauce. So, finally on Sunday, I decided to make it. I had all the ingredients, and it was so simple to make! Here’s the recipe:

¾ Cup ketchup
¾ Cup brown sugar
¼ Cup honey
1 tsp cider vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce
½ tsp onion powder
Combine ingredients in a saucepan


Heat to just boiling on medium heat.


Drizzle over your favorite grilled hot dogs.

Enjoy!



Yum! It’s actually really good! It’s not quite exactly the recipe, it’s a little thicker, but it tastes just like it and its super good and sticky, like the sauce is. So good.

I made cookies for my Wednesday shindig. I tried one and it was hard, though, so I don’t know if I’ll be using them.

I made Kiss buttons. When I found the recipe for this, they said to use Hugs instead of Kisses, but I don’t like Hugs, so I just used what I liked.
Recipe:
You’ll need: Square pretzels, Hershey’s Hugs or Kisses (depending on your preference) plain M&M’s. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place the pretzels on there, top them with the Kisses.


Bake for 4-6 minutes until the chocolate is shiny and soft but not melting – they need to still hold their shape. Carefully place the M&M in the center of each hug and press down to spread the chocolate. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy!

So I had a pretty busy day, food-wise. But thank goodness, I only have about 1 more thing to bake, and then I’ll be totally ready. I’ll blog about those later!

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Oh my goodness!!! These all look absolutely delicious!!! I need to try that JDawg recipe!!