Sunday, April 1, 2012

A New Frontier

I just joined a card club. That’s right! I joined a card club. Of course, it’s Chelle’s card club, which is helpful, because I need to be walked through all my card makings. This is the first time I’ve ever made a card on my own. I’ve only ever made them at Stamp & Chat, when everything is already set up and ready for me to put it together. So I had to do my own measurements, and choose my own design and everything. Needless to say, I was terrified of this process. I’m not creative on my own, I have to have other people do a creative thing first, and them I’m good at copying them. So after much deliberation, I chose a card. I got a stamp, chose my colors, and came up with….this!
Not too shabby, eh? Of course, I needed remote help, and kept texting Chelle pictures of my card in progress and asking for help/advice. Finally, she helped me get to the end project. And here’s the inside, which I think is amazing:

So cheery! I loved this stamp set, full of tiny cute dinosaurs and fun sayings. I started making my cards during the first session of conference, and after working through both sessions (and listening, of course!) I finished. At 4:00. It took me a full four hours to make 10 cards.





Of course, this means I’m halfway done, I still have to make 10 “girl” cards, but I’m hopeful for the second batch. And I’m hoping, so much, that this second set is easier than the first. I can’t guarantee that at all, but I’m going to have a positive outlook. I'll be sure to post my other cards -as soon as I have many hours to dedicate to it, just in case.

No comments: