Monday, April 2, 2012

Chocolate Bark

I found a recipe for this in a People magazine the other day. I altered it a little. The original recipe is dark chocolate, and while I love dark chocolate, you don’t find many people that do. So I changed it to milk chocolate, so that more people would eat it. And it is still delicious. And it’s incredibly easy, which is a plus.

Chocolate Bark

2 12-oz pkgs chocolate morsels
1 cup Craisins
1 cup almonds (sliced, slivered, halved, however you’d like it.)

Place morsels in microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 90 seconds, then stir, and heat again for 30 seconds. (This amount of time was enough to melt mine, but if yours needs a little more work, heat in 30 second intervals until it’s melted.) Put parchment paper on a cookie sheet (12x15 is a good size, its pretty standard) and then pour the melted chocolate until it covers the whole sheet. Sprinkle the Craisins and almonds on top immediately, and press into the chocolate a little. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Break into pieces. And here’s what mine looked like while the chocolate was still warm and melty:


And here’s what it looked like in pieces (in my Tupperware, of course)


Delish!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Yum...Craisins, nuts, and chocolate sound like heaven right now.

Chelle! said...

Delicious! I love when you test out new recipes! I think that you should do it more often. :)