Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mini Oreo Cheesecakes

Pinterest is my downfall. All right, that might be a little dramatic, but oh heck. There are too many recipes on there to try, too many cute things to frame and put on the walls, too many fun projects that I want to do. So, naturally, I keep saving all of these recipes…and hairstyles…and pictures…and everything for a time when I can justify using it. Luckily for everyone, such a time has happened today!

Yesterday, Chelle and I were talking about tonight’s Stamp & Chat, and who the hostess was. (As I’ve said before, the hostess has to bring treats) Chelle mentioned that she was the hostess. Well, I had found this recipe for Mini Oreo Cheesecakes on Pinterest a couple of days ago, and have been dying to make them. So, I asked if I could bring the treats, that way, I can make them and enjoy them, but have a purpose to make them, so that they’ll get eaten. Otherwise, they’ll stay in my house until I eat them all in a shame spiral, huddling in the corner of the kitchen. It’s just not pretty.

So I made these last night, and I took a couple of pictures of the step-by-step stuff, and I’ll include the recipe, of course. Unfortunately I didn’t get a picture of them after I got them out of the muffin pans, but I think you guys can deal with that. So here’s what my batter looked like:

And here’s what the cheesecakes look like when I took them out of the oven:



And here’s the recipe:


Ingredients:

22 Oreos: 16 left whole, and 6 coarsely chopped
2 8-oz packages cream cheese, at room temperature (Neufchatel is fine)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
Pinch of salt

Instructions


Preheat oven to 275 F.
Line 12 standard muffin tins and 4 ramekins (or 16 muffin tins, if you have them)
with paper liners.
Place 1 whole Oreo in the bottom of each lined cup.
Beat the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium.
Gradually beat in the sugar and vanilla.
Pour in the beaten eggs, a little at a time, scraping down
the sides of the bowl after each addition.
Beat in the sour cream and salt.
Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
Pour the batter into the prepared tins, filling each almost to the top.
Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, 22-25 minutes.
Cool in the pans for about 15 minutes, on a wire rack,
and then transfer to a plate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours

See! Super easy. I sadly didn’t get a chance to try them last night, because I took them out of the oven at like, 10:05, and got them into the fridge by 10:30. But I had some of one for breakfast, and I felt pretty happy with it. I just hope other people like it, at the S&C tonight. Fingers crossed, everyone!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I love Pinterest. I am planning my entire Summer around it.

It will be the summer OF...PINTEREST!!! (echo)

Chelle! said...

Oh my goodness!!! These were heavenly. Thanks so much for making them. DELICIOUS!!!