Friday, April 6, 2012

Foto Friday

I love The Hunger Games. The book is phenomenal, and I’d been looking forward to the movie for months and months, so of course when it came out, I went the first night. (Technically second, I guess, because I didn’t go at midnight on Thursday, I went on Friday, but oh well) The movie was really good too. It was emotional (yes I cried), and while the movie does have an awful subject (kids killing each other) they didn’t dwell on it too much, or show you too much violence, which was something I was concerned about.

The movie had some really good lines, but there’s one line in particular that just made me (and everyone else) laugh really hard. For those who haven’t seen the movie, or read the book, I’ll set up a scene for you. (And for those who have…sorry) Katniss and Peeta have been chosen to be the Tributes for their district – District 12. They’ve boarded a train to take them to The Capitol, where they’ll prepare for the upcoming Games by training, etc. On the way there, they’re trying to get some help from their mentor, Haymitch, who is less than forthcoming with details. As they’re eating breakfast, and he’s just giving off smart remarks instead of helping them, Katniss grabs a knife from the table, and stabs the table near his hand. (I wasn’t sure if she was trying to stab him, or just the table to scare him, but that’s not really the point.) Anyway, after she does this, Effie (their Capitol “babysitter” I guess you could say) looks over at them and exclaims, “That is mahogany!” It might not be too funny if you haven’t seen it, but oh man did I die hearing it.

This brings us to the Foto of the week. Some child somewhere got detention for saying the same thing – apparently a student dropped a book, and little Timothy yelled ‘That is mahogany!’ and apparently the teacher didn’t appreciate the humor, and gave him detention. I could never be a teacher, because if that happened in my class, I would have just laughed at the kid and slapped him a high five. But keep on keepin’ on, Tim. The world is a better place with people like you in it.



2 comments:

Chelle! said...

I love that part. It makes me giggle everytime I think about it. I still can't believe that he got in trouble for that.

Maleen said...

Wow, some teacher needs to lighten up. I'm thinking she needs a vacation.