Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fancy Bird

I don’t know that I would classify myself as a prankster, but I do enjoy a good prank every now and then. The latest one I’ve pulled is a doozy.
There’s a guy (who I actually don’t know) that works in my building. He has a stuffed pheasant on his desk. I see it every time I walk past his office. Since the first day I saw it, I’ve had a really strong desire to put a hat on it. Ideally, I wanted to get a top hat for it, and add a monocle, to make it a really fancy bird. For weeks now, I’ve been plotting this. Mostly I was trying to figure out where I could get the stuff to make this happen. Finally, I went to Hobby Lobby, I figured they had doll stuff there, so I could get something to make my dreams happen.
I went there over the weekend, and was sad to discover that there were no top hats or monocles. Come on! How is there nobody that wants to make tiny fancy dolls? Alas, I had to change my plan. I, instead, chose this hat:

It’s pretty chill, but I still like it. So finally, yesterday, it happened. Chelle and I were walking downstairs, for a drink, and we saw the office was empty. So I ran back to my desk, grabbed the tiny hat, and ran back to the office. Adrenaline running, I hurried and climbed up, put the hat onto the bird, and stepped back to admire my handiwork, as Chelle kept watch. We didn’t want to be caught, of course! So I hurried and took a picture, and we left. As soon as we walked away, and I was looking at the picture, I noticed it was blurry – in the excitement, I shook while taking it. So on the way back, again with Chelle as guard, I slowed down and took a better picture. And now, I present to you, Slightly Less Fancy Bird:

Genius! I don’t know that the bird’s owner will ever find out it’s me, but if he does, I don’t think it’ll matter. If he finds this anything other than funny, it’s probably best if we aren’t friends anyway. But hopefully he sees it and laughs. I laugh literally every time I walk past it.

2 comments:

Tea said...

Haha! I just stumbled onto your blog. This is such a fun little prank - I love it! :)

Chelle! said...

I loved this prank. It made me giggle when I walked past this "Fancy bird" each day. HA HA!