Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mini Corndog Muffins

I have again, found a recipe on Pinterest to make. Mini Corndog Muffins. Yum! I should have included a picture of how they were supposed to look on here, but I didn’t. But I’ll show you my pictures, and they will suffice. The recipe for this is impossibly easy, so I’ll just explain. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Use a cooking spray and coat a mini muffin pan. I used the box of Jiffy Cornbread Muffin mix, which is so easy. Cut a hot dog into 6 1-in pieces. Follow the instructions on the box to make the mix, and put a tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup. Insert a hot dog piece into the middle of the batter. Cook for 18 minutes. Let sit in muffin pan for 5 minutes, then remove and enjoy as you would a regular corndog!


Ok, there’s the recipe, and now, here are my pictures. This is what they looked like going into the oven:



And here they are after I cooked them:


 
And now, the issues. I don’t know what I did wrong, but getting these little suckers out of the pan was freaking ridiculous. I don’t know if I didn’t spray enough or what, but holy heck. This is what they looked like after my attempts to get them out of the pan:


So yes, they were tricky to eat, but still delicious. I enjoyed, and totally recommend them for everyone!

1 comment:

Maleen said...

I haven't fed my kids a lot of corndogs, so I don't think they would recognize the genius. In fact, on the contrary, I think they would be shocked to find a hot dog in their muffin. :)