Monday, April 23, 2012

My Dinner with Zeke

Last night, I went to dinner at my brother and sister-in-law’s house. We had a little BBQ, they, us, and their son, Zeke, who you guys were introduced to a little bit ago. This post is basically a recap of Zeke’s antics – he is the craziest little kid ever. As soon as we sat down, he asked if I wanted to see his sunglasses. Well, of course I did. And naturally, snapped a picture.




Pretty snazzy. Of course, then, I wanted to get a picture of the 2 of us, since I had my glasses as well. After the previous picture was taken, he ate the chip in his hand. It was a jalapeno chip, which he didn't know, and his mouth was burning. It was sad and funny at the same time.




These are our serious faces, because we’re too cool for school. His is better than mine. Then dinner started, and he was just such a card during it. As he was talking, I kept thinking that I should write this all down, because I’d forget it, but then I was like, there’s no way I’ll forget this stuff! And of course, come this morning, I can’t even remember the funny things he said. Dang it! It was funny, that’s all I can remember. He kept drinking his soda, and then spitting it back into the cup. I don’t know why, he just kept doing it. I caught a picture at some point.





Of course, he’s laughing, because he thinks its hysterical. He kept trying to talk over everyone, of course, and his stories didn’t make a lot of sense, but he thought they were hysterical, and would laugh for like, 10 minutes. He gave me a tour of the house, making sure to show me the bathroom, in case I needed to use it at some point. I thought that was a nice touch. When he showed me to his toy room, he opened the door and said “Toy Room!” with a little fanfare, which was very nice. We went inside at some point, after dinner, and Husband put on a Spongebob Snuggie he found in the house. Of course I had to take a picture of it.



Fancy! During the conversations inside, Zeke went from person to person, brushing our hair. I don’t even know why, he just did it. Finally, he (and his parents) walked us back to our home, and Zeke rode his scooter. He was very speedy. We ran into some neighborhood hubbub, an elderly man in our neighborhood had some sort of accident, so the ambulance and fire trucks were there, and a neighborhood gathering of sorts happened near the outside of the cul-de-sac. Zeke found a little girl about his age, and she had a scooter as well. They had scooter races all around the cul-de-sac, and did for a few minutes, until an accident occurred. She, somehow, fell off the scooter, and scrapped up her forehead, knees, and hands. She was only wearing a tiny swimsuit, so more skin to be exposed to the concrete, frowny face. But that quickly put an end to all shenanigans, and the group dispersed.



So there it was, my dinner with Zeke. I’m sure that with him living so close to me, there’ll be more of these, so look forward to the whole series!

No comments: