Tuesday, November 22, 2016

National Gingerbread Day

Sadly, that day isn't today, but yesterday, Monday the 21st was National Gingerbread Day. And I celebrated by making some cookies. I picked a recipe off Pinterest and gave it a go.

What a mistake.

The problem was that this girl didn't have nearly enough flour in her cookies. These things were a sticky mess. But by the time I figured it out was after the 30 minute refrigeration time, and I didn't want to throw everything back in the mixer and hope to get the flour measurements right. So I just made boring circles instead of making them into cool shapes, and then I decorated them. I have no recipe to share, because I sure as heck am not going to share hers and have you guys as disappointed as I was. So here are my cookies to look at, with the resolve to find a better recipe.


No comments: