Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Pumpkin Spice Truffles

So I had a little mix up of events this week and thought I had something going on on Thursday. So I made a treat, like usual, and then I learned that I didn't actually have it going on, so now I can enjoy my treats all to myself! Not good for my waistline, but good for my mouth. :D Here's the recipe:

2 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 and 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 full sheet graham crackers)
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 ounces white chocolate chips, melted

With a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar together in a large bowl until creamy - about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and beat on high until combined. Add the graham cracker crumbs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and melted chocolate. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes until everything is combined. The mixture is supposed to be soft and thick. Cover mixture tightly and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 24 hours. (I chilled for about 6 hours) Chilling is mandatory.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
Begin rolling chilled mixture into balls (about 1 teaspoon per ball) and place the balls on the baking sheets. The original girl had 35 on hers, I think I barely made it to 30, and that was making my balls pretty small, for me.  Chill balls in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours. (I went overnight, felt like a good enough amount of time)
When you're ready to start dipping the truffles, begin melting the chocolate. Remove balls from the refrigerator and dip them in the chocolate. I used toothpicks to do this, but really, go with what makes you comfortable. Top truffles with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs, if desired.
Place balls back onto the baking sheet after you dip each one. Allow chocolate to completely set in the refrigerator before serving.

Guys, these are super delicious. I love them.

No comments: