Monday, November 14, 2016

Miscellaneous Monday

Today, my SIL went to Hong Kong. She's serving an LDS Mission, and she left us back in September, but today is her actual day of leaving to China. I'm excited for her and the opportunity she has to go serve and teach the gospel. They got their visas at the last minute, they were a little worried that they wouldn't come in time, and they wouldn't be able to go, but luckily they did. And I have already sent her a letter today, I want her to make sure and notice when it comes, I'd like to know how long it takes for things to get to China from here in Utah. I can't wait to see how her mission goes!

Today was the day. I got the score from my calculus test back. I studied really hard for this one. For the entire week leading up to it, I did homework every single day and studied every day. My SIL who is a math teacher came over the morning of the test, to help me cram beforehand, also. I sat down to the test, and I felt confident in it when I turned it in. Of course, I did on the last test also, and definitely didn't do well. BUT! When we got our scores back, I got a 94! Believe me when I tell you, it was all I could do to stop from crying, I had worked so hard on this and to actually get a good score?! I couldn't believe my ears, with how hard this class has been. So now, with this test, I have lifted my grade to a B-, and I just need to hold onto this grade for dear life until the end of the semester in 1 month. Let's all just have a little bit of faith!

You guys, we have made it. It's the week before Thanksgiving. Celebrations are in motion for having the week off from school. Basically, I just need a break. And the teachers need one too, I can definitely tell. And of course, during the break, I know I'll spend most if it just working on Christmas presents and studying for finals, but at least it's a break from having to go to school, so that's something to look forward to. I'm excited for this semester to be over, and the holidays to begin.

No comments: