Saturday, November 5, 2016

Choco Chip Cookies

I'm always on the lookout for the perfect recipe for chocolate chip cookies. All the ones I've had are delicious of course, but I always want to see if a new one I find is just a little more delicious. So tonight I tried a new recipe. Let's break it down.

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
1 Tb vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp  kosher salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Melt butter in a bowl in the microwave. Add brown sugar to a large bowl, then pour melted butter over brown sugar. Stir to combine butter and sugar. Let stand 5 minutes.
Add egg and egg yolk; stir to combine, and stir in vanilla extract. Add flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
Using a medium cookie scoop (or your hands if you don't have a scoop, I just do, it's about a tablespoon+, drop scoops of dough 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for about 7-10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.

Guys, these were super delicious! I really dug these, and they were so fast and quick to make, when I finished, I could hardly believe how easy they were!


No comments: