Thursday, November 3, 2016

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

So, here we are. It's now fall. The air has a chill, the leaves are falling, and it's time to cuddle up under a blanket and watch the Food Network all day. (Why the Food Network? Honestly I don't know, but they are comforting to me). So I decided to make some soup for last nights dinner. I picked something with potato because frankly, I had a bag of potatoes that I needed to use up, since they didn't get used up last week with the fridge shenanigans. I found a recipe online, and got it going. Here's the recipe for those so inclined to use it:

4 peeled and diced Russett potatoes (honestly I'm not sure what diced meant, and I can't hand dice equal potatoes so I just did my best)
1 small onion, diced
4 cups chicken broth

Put these into a crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours. (mine is a really hot running one, so you may have to adjust your times on this). After the 4 hours, when you want to eat in 30 minutes, here is a new list of ingredients:

4 TB butter
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cup cream

In a small pan on the stove, melt the butter, and then add the flour. Whisk until bubbly. Then slowly add in the cream and sour cream, heating through. Add this to the crockpot, stirring well. Let it cook for another 30 minutes. When ready to eat, use your favorite baked potato toppings. I just used cheese and bacon pieces, yummmmm.
This soup was crazy delicious! I had some reservations throughout the day, but when it was finished, I was so pleased with the results. I ate with a delicious crusty roll, so pick those up (or make, if so inclined) and have a super delicious warm meal. Happy Fall!

No comments: