Sunday, November 6, 2016

Hot Chocolate Cones

For my card swap club, I have to make a neighbor gift for one of the cards. This year, I tried something new. I made hot chocolate cones. You know what I'm taking about, here's a pic:
It was actually super easy too. Let me tell you how I did them. You'll need (this is to make 8 cones):
16 frosting bags, 12 inches
Hot cocoa mix (I can't remember how much it was, but I used like, 12 of the small individual sized bags and that was enough)
Bag of mini marshmallows
Bag of chocolate chips
Ribbon/tulle
Clear rubber bands (I definitely used hair bands here, they work)

Ok in one of the frosting bags, put 4 TB of hot cocoa mix. Then cut off the excess bag, and secure the top with a rubber band. Put this cocoa cone into a new frosting bag, making sure the seams line up. Add 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, and then 1/4 cup of mini marshmallows. Twist the bag, and then secure with a rubber band, and then cover that up with a pretty ribbon of your choosing. There was a choice of maybe making this look like a reindeer, but I didn't want to deal with all of that, so just FYI you could.
Anyway, I was pretty jazzed with how these turned out, and I'm glad it was much easier than I anticipated!


No comments: