Monday, November 21, 2016

Miscellaneous Monday

Today, my friends, starts the beginning of Thanksgiving vacation. I know, you're excited for me, what did you do?! And let me tell you: I went to IKEA. Aw yiss, IKEA was the place for me today. I brought my SIL, who had actually never been! We had a good time, ate the famous meatballs for lunch, of course, and I bought so many things I hadn't even been intending on, but that's what happens with that place, lets be honest. And now that I'm done, I'm onto the next big task: assembling the dresser that I bought. I bet I can do it, let's find out (when I post it later).

I also got on top of things and finished the math homework that I have over this long weekend. It's technically not due until Tuesday of next week, but since I like to be done with things ahead of time, I finished it today. I just keep thinking, I have only 3 weeks left. 3 more weeks until I'm done with the hell that is calculus, and the garbage that is this math. WE CAN DO IT! We just have to get through finals!

This is also the week of amazing Black Friday.  I do so love this day. I'm a purist though, I don't believe in going on Thanksgiving. That's a day for families, for celebrations, so when people say they're open on Thursday, I am so dang sad for the companies that force themselves open and make their employees work on a holiday. And it makes me angry that people go shopping on Thursday, making people work. The cycle is endless. And it makes me sad for those forced to leave their families. I know it's no skin off the company's noses, not having my paltry money that day, but still, I like to make my stand here.

No comments: