Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Day 40–Peanut Butter BrownieCakes

So today, I wanted to bake something. I didn’t know what, but I really did. Finally, after a day of thinking, I decided to make some brownies. I had a recipe that someone gave me at Christmas, and what you do is mix a can of coke with a brownie mix. I put them together, and it was waaay too runny. I had another box of brownie mix, so I threw some of that in there. It got to be too thick, so I threw some diet coke in there (True story). It got too runny, so I threw the rest of the brownie box in there, and then it needed something else to thicken it up, so I added a few tablespoons of flour. Of course, when you add flour, it makes it a cake, instead of a brownie, but I was just dealing with it as I went.

So finally, the mix was doable, and I scooped it into mini cupcake cups, and in the middle of each one, I put a piece of peanut butter cup, that I had chopped up earlier. Now! It was ready. I threw them in the oven, baked for about 13 minutes, and then took them out. After letting them cool, I topped them with a peanut butter frosting.

BrownieCakes

It made 72 mini cupcakes. You read that right, it made 72 of them. Anyway, there’s not really a recipe here, because it all happened so hard by accident. I can give you the recipe of the frosting, because that really did work out quite well. The browniecakes were good, of course, but the frosting really brought it home.

1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup butter
4 tsp vanilla extract
3-4 cup powdered sugar
4ish TB milk

Beat peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add the vanilla, and then sloooowly add the powdered sugar. Like 1 cup at a time slow. Then, add 1 TB of milk at a time until you dig the consistency. Mine was 4, maybe yours is less. I don’t judge, and I’m not here to tell you what to do. But this was crazy delicious, with a really good consistency of both cake and frosting.

No comments: