Monday, April 7, 2014

Miscellaneous Monday

Last Friday, Captain America: Winter Soldier came out, and Husband was so jazzed to see it. We had to pick up his brother from the airport, landing at 10:30, and then they had the great idea to go see it afterwards, at an 11:00 showing. Since I don’t do well with being up late, I vetoed this, but was ignored. On the way to the airport to get him, I fell asleep, with it being after 10 and everything. We made it to the movie, and I was so tired. I don’t think I fell asleep during the movie, but I sure was close. I kept having to close my eyes because they were just so tired!

On Friday evening also, we went out for dinner to Macaroni Grill. We ate the same things – shared the same appetizer, took a bite of each other’s meals, and even ordered the same drink (Blood orange lemonade, yum!) and then went home. After we’d been home about 20 minutes, we both got really sick. Like...awful sick. We spent the rest of the evening laying down, regretting all of our choices, but then we had to buck up and go pick up his brother. I basically lay my seat down in the car, and just lay there, willing my stomach to stop hurting. Luckily, I had no other problems after that, but I still felt awful all night. Curse you, Macaroni Grill!

We tried last night to break Cookie of her cage. Since we’ve had her this last (almost!) year, we’ve slowly introduced her to being a regular dog. At her old residence, she lived 24/7 in a cage, only coming out to go to the bathroom. When we got her, we would keep her in the cage during the day, let her out in the evenings when we came home from work, and then put her back in when we went to bed. Over time, the time she’s been left out has increased, and then a little bit ago, the only time she was going into her cage is when we went to sleep – she finally had earned our trust enough to be out when we were at work. So finally, this weekend, we decided to let her stay out at night. So, I did the normal night routine when we were putting her to bed, only I didn’t put her in the cage. She immediately tried to sleep in our bed. We took her out, put her in the cage, but didn’t lock it. She came right back. We set up a bed for her with blankets, and left her. I woke up this morning with her in our bed. So now, back to the drawing board. I don’t want her to be in my bed at night, but leaving her in the cage makes me sad too. I’ll figure something out.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

The story about Cookie makes me giggle. I can just imagine what you guys go through each night. HA HA