Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Chewy & Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

I found a new recipe on Pinterest, and when I tried it, and I made it my own, they ended up being really awesome. The recipe:

2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup light brown sugar, loosely packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks

Toss together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.

In a medium size bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the egg, then the egg yolk. Finally, whisk in the vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula.Preheat the oven to 325F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.Roll the dough into balls, about 1 Tablespoons of dough each. Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and underbaked. They will continue to bake on the cookie sheet. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.

Now, the recipe, when written by the original author said to put the dough in the fridge for 2 hours, but I was like, forget that noise, and I just put them in the oven, and they turned out crazy awesome. Like, super crazy awesome. I doubled the recipe, and it made about 40 cookies, which I don’t regret at all. And instead of doing 2 cups of chocolate chips, I did 1 cup of milk chocolate chips, and 1 cup of a chocolate bar I brought back from Germany, that we chopped into chunks. That was a great addition.

Cookies

 

They are big, and great, and fantastic and soft and I think everyone should try these.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

YUMMY!!! I want some of these right this very minute!!!