Saturday, August 10, 2013

Neighborhood Party

Today, my ward had the summer party BBQ that most wards seem to be having. I had made a last minute decision to go. Mostly because I had forgotten that it even existed until the afternoon of, when the bishop was dropping by people’s houses, letting them know that it started later that evening. Of course, when I saw the bishop walking up the drive, I realized I was wearing only a camisole with my shorts – I hadn’t put my shirt on yet. So I ran to the nearest closet, and pulled out what I think was a shirt that would fit me, and quickly put it on and got the door. It was when I was opening the door that I realize; I’m wearing a shirt WAY too big for me. Oops. Anyway, he told me of the party, and I said we may see them there, which is the standard for when I don’t think I’ll go, but don’t want to be rude. Later in the afternoon, I was like, no, I should go, support the ward. They wanted you to bring either a dessert or a salad, and I think we all know what I brought.

I decided to make it easy, and bring mini vanilla cupcakes with Nutella buttercream frosting, easy enough to make, and making them mini makes them easier to eat at a BBQ. So I made the batter, and filled up my cupcake cups, and still had tons of batter left over. So I baked the first batch, and then made the second batch. It made way more cupcakes than I was anticipating. I had thought it would make, like 48 or so, but noooo it made 82 mini cupcakes! Here they are, in all their glory:

cupcakrs

And they ended up being really delicious if I do say so myself. It took a while, to frost 82 mini one’s, but it was totally worth it, they were gobbled right up by everyone. Luckily, I had left 12 at home for myself, so I could eat those at my leisure. But now, I feel good for socializing with my neighbors, and it makes me seem like I want to be social. Even if I don’t.

3 comments:

Maleen said...

Those look great and how nice to bring so many. All the good stuff gets taken right away at a ward function, but it seems like your cupcakes would last through the first rush.

Chelle! said...

Oh my goodness...these are so delicious!!!

Chelle! said...

Oh my goodness...these are so delicious!!!