Monday, August 12, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

Yesterday, we were having a family dinner, and Lily (who is 3ish) wanted some juice. Unfortunately, the only juice we had was grapefruit juice, and we tried to warn her off of it, telling her she wouldn’t like it, because as adults, we know what kids like, and since we all think the juice tastes awful, we tried to help. She would have none of it though, and tried the juice. This is her face, after she drank a little, after holding the cup to her lips for about 10 minutes:

Lil

It was glorious, this face. But we did try to warn her.

I had a race this weekend, the Lindon 5K. I usually win the first place in my age group, because there are just not that many people that compete in this race, so by process of elimination, I do. But today, was different. I struggled in the race; I had such a hard time with it. And then, there was a Kenyan. I can’t beat a Kenyan. She won the whole race, so of course, she won my category (Plus she was younger than I, but still in my age group) so I took second. I’m not embarrassed; I’m just disappointed in myself for how poorly I did. Never would I have beat this girl, she was way too fast, but I’m mad at slowly I went anyway. I had not prepared for this race at all.

Yesterday, I was taking Cookie on a walk, and we introduced her to some neighbors, and one of the neighbor’s dogs. I was holding her at this point, she had leapt into my arms, and she was terrified and nervous and shaking, so I held her. As we were introducing her, I felt something go down my shirt...and that’s when I realized Cookie was peeing on me. Awesome. What a way to make a first impression, dog. Of course, I laughed at it, but still, I was mad that she had done it. It’s also my fault for picking her up, but it’s her fault for not holding her bladder.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Eew. That is really gross. If Moxy peed on me, she might become an outside dog.