Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Trip to the Vet

Today I had to take tiny Cookie to the vet. She’s not sick or anything, this is more like, a checkup, and to fix just a couple of things. When I put her in the car, she was so psyched, she had no idea what was awaiting her.

Cookie Vet

So we had a pleasant drive, and then as soon as walked into the building, the jig was up. She knew EXACTLY where we were, and that things were about to get real for her. I tried to be her friend, and tried to assure her that things were ok, but she wouldn’t have any of it. Then we got into a room, and doctor came and weighed her, and she’s 10 pounds, which is apparently perfect for her size, so, yay me for not feeding her too much. The doc examined her, and then took her into the back for a few procedures, and then she came back out and was shaking, of course, even though nothing crazy had been done. For the last thing, the doc had to draw some blood, for a heart worm thing, and she came back out with a tiny bandage on, it was so cute and sad at the same time:

CookieArm

Finally, we were done and we got to go, but she kept trying to tear the bandage off. They then sprayed some kind of thing on it that makes it gross for her to touch, and she gave up. ...Until we got into the car, and she tried again. The car ride home was consisting of me trying to stop her, and her trying to do it. I had to make her wear it for an hour, and then I could take it off, and when I took it off, she limped around for a little while, and it was adorable. I know it was for show, because as soon as I brought food out, she was running around, and totally normal. But now, she’s healthy again, and everything’s fine, until we need to go in to get her vaccines updated. Sheesh, I can’t believe the upkeep on keeping an alive thing in your house.

No comments: