Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Color Run

Today, I ran the Color Run. I had never heard of it before this year, but it’s very simple to the Hindi Festival of Colors, just done while you’re running. I lined up at the race chute at 8:00, ready to get going, then off we all went. After about a half mile, I approached what was a GIANT ball of powder. As I got closer, I saw that it was a group of volunteers, with squeeze bottles full of purple powder. After we got done with the race, I had been through the chutes for the following colors: purple, yellow, green, orange, pink, blue. The blue was the lasting color, and this is what I looked like:

Vieve1

Colorful, but not too bad. Then, we went to the Color Party, where basically, they played loud music, got us all pumped up, and then they had us all release packets of color they gave us, and we were drenched in color.

VieveColor

There was soooo much powder that it was actually really hard to breathe for a few minutes, and my body was almost in super panic mode after not being able to breathe. Finally, the air cleared, and we were dancing once again, until a few minutes later, and then we did some more color again, and then, I was needing to get out of there and into the fresh air. This is how I looked then:

Vieve2

We saw that they were doing another color throw, and I wanted to see what it looked like from the outside.

GroupColor

Finally, I had to call it a day. It started to rain, and it was hot, and I was covered in color, so I wanted to get home and shower.

VieveHair

It took me three washings of my hair to get the color out (and I still had some blue in it, when I was running my fingers through it later) and three loofah scrubbings to get all the blue off my body, and I actually still have some on my parts – my armpits, my ankles, and fingernails. When I took my clothes off, I had blue on every inch of my body. Toes, fingers, hands, shins, back, shoulders, everywhere, even where clothes were. But this was a great race, and I hope they do it again next year. I’d love to get everyone I know going in a large group – so prepare, friends!

No comments: