Monday, August 26, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

For my birthday, I got many good gifts, I feel very blessed. Saturday morning when I got home from the race, there was a Sam’s Club box sitting on the couch. I asked Husband what it was, and he said he didn’t know, but it had my name on it. Well, color me surprised! So I rush over and open it, having zero ideas of what it could be, and as I open it, I see a case of Instant Cup o’ Noodles soup. My sister had jokingly told me that she would send me a case, and then I laughed, because I thought it was a joke. Of course, I died laughing, and texted her a thank you, and if anybody needs any soup, I have plenty.

The other day, I was looking over my list of 100 things I want to do before I die, and I’ve done 12! In just 4 short years (oy vey) I’ve completed at least 10% of them! I have many many more things to complete before I’m done, but I’m psyched that I’m at least working on the list. I need to get going on the rest of these – if I have any hope of getting them all done before I’m too old to enjoy them, I should really get to work on all of this. Wish me luck!

Yesterday was Free Get-Out-Of-Church day. I love this day – it’s one of the greatest days of the year. Stake Conference. I know, I know, we’re all supposed to go to all the church that we can, and learn all that we can, but everyone once in a while, you just need a break. It’s like work – they give you vacation days for a reason, because you just need a rest once in a while. So when it’s Stake Conference, I don’t go. I spend the day lounging about, doing things on my list, cleaning, etc. This day was no different, and it was glorious. And maybe the day off helps, because now I’m looking forward to going again next week.

No comments: